Brown rice is considered to be healthier than white rice. It contains more fiber and also nutrients are in better quantity. In this article we present a Pulao recipe which not only contain Brown rice, it also contains various vegetables which make healthier. On top of it, it also contains sprouted beans to make it extremely healthy meal. This can be consumed with any curry or even yogurt.
- 1 cup moong bean sprouts or any other sprouted bean.
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1 cup mixed vegetables (I used corn, carrots, peas, cabbage, orange cauliflower and broccoli )
- 1/4 cup of bell pepper chopped finely
- 1/4 cup onion which are finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 dry red chilli
- Salt to taste
- Lime juice
How To Prepare Brown Rice and Sprouts Pulao
- Wash and cook brown rice in 3 and 1/2 cup water and a pinch of salt. Cook them till they are done. Make sure that rice is not too mushy. Cool the rice thoroughly before you proceed further.
- Sprout moong beans at your home. If you want to make sprouts at home you can read it here.
- Heat two cups of water in a container and add the sprouted moong to it. Keep the sprouts in hot water for 10 to 15 minutes so that it becomes soft and can mix easily with the rice.
- Blanch the vegetables except onion, pepper and cabbage separately in warm water and set them aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet and add the dry red chilli once it starts burning a little add onion and green pepper and saute till soft. Add corn and peas and mix well. After 2 minutes add carrots, broccoli and cauliflower and mix well.
- Drain and add moong sprouts and season with salt and pepper. Add cabbage last and mix well.
- Let everything cook for a couple of minutes and then add the cooked rice. Lightly mix the rice ensuring that the grains do not break. Turn off the gas and add more salt and pepper if needed. Add lime juice at the end.
Your Brown Rice and Sprouts Pulao is ready to eat. Enjoy it with your family and have a great time. You can add various kinds of vegetables and try various combinations. Every vegetable brings its unique flavor and taste and once you try few combinations you would be able to find the best tasting combination of Pulao for your family.
Source – http://www.rediff.com/getahead/report/food-recipe-brown-rice-and-sprouts-pulao/20150123.htm