The other day I was thinking about making a healthy fiber containing recipe and suddenly I though about making a healthy sprout salad. Sprout salad contains living food and it is extremely healthy. This is also very easy to prepare and really tasty.
I prepare it often and my entire family enjoys it. I am sure that if you prepare it once you will want to eat it more and more.
So here is the recipe.
Ingredients for Sprout Salad
- One bowl of various legumes and beans which have been sprouted. You can soak the legumes and beans overnight and in the morning remove the water and just rinse it. Wash and rinse every 12 hours or so till you start seeing the sprouts. Usually I soak chick peas, moong beans, red lentils and any other beans which I find in the house.
- Half a Tomato – Cut into small pieces.
- Half an onion – Cut into small pieces
- Small bunch of fresh cilantro leaves chopped.
- 1 table spoon of lemon or lime juice.
- Salt to taste.
In a bowl mix all the above ingredients with a spoon.
That’s it. You are ready to enjoy this salad.
On the right you can see the salad I prepared last time at home. Isn’t it beautiful? Not only will you love it, even your kids will also love it. Try it and let us know.