Sprouts are easily the healthiest food. The reason is they are live food. They are full of enzymes which are alive and contains nutrients which can be absorbed very easily. They are full of minerals, protein, amino acids and dietary fiber.
Here are 3 variations of salads which you can easily try at home which uses sprouts. First one is the recipe which you need to read while the other two are videos which you can enjoy and learn easily. All the three salads are rich in various nutrients and great for you. If you want to learn how to make sprouts at home read here.
1. Carrot Cucumber Salad. This is a very easy salad to prepare.
- Moong bean sprouts. 100 gms.
- Grated Carrot – 1
- Cucumber sliced thin – 1/2
- Grated fresh coconut – 1/4 cup
- For tempering
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 spoon
- Coriander leaved – few figs.
- Lemon – 1
- Salt to taste
In a bowl all the ingredients – carrots, lentils, cucumber and coconut. mix them well. Not for tempering take a table spoon of olive oil and let it heat up. Add the mustard seeds. Once the seeds start spluttering add the oil and the seeds to the salad. Now add chopped coriander leaves and salt to the salad. Adding the salt after the oil ensures that moisture is not lost as salt can ooze out water. Add lemon juice before serving.
2. Healthy Bean Sprout Salad. This is one recipe which is so simple and can be prepared in around 5 minutes or so once you have the ingredients. The ingredients used are sprouted beans, chopped carrots, chopped onions and chopped walnuts. Enjoy the short and sweet video here.
3. Boiled Lentil and Black Gram Salad. Here is one recipe which uses boiled lentils and black grams along with other vegetables such as carrots and cucumber. Boiling the lentils makes it easier to chew and digest. I loved the way the chef explains the process and showed it.