Fiber is one of the most essential elements of food. In this article let us explore some of the interesting facts about fiber. Once you are aware of these facts you may want to eat more fiber on your own.
If you have been hunting for a way towards a high octane diet, you will find fiber to be exactly what you need. Even though study has shown fiber to be effective, countless people are not taking this nutrient seriously.
To help you fuel your health with fiber, here are 9 facts to help.
1. Fiber fights diseases. A diet high in fiber can help to avert colon cancer and heart disease. High fiber can help the body to eliminate cholesterol by binding it in the digestive tract. For countless numbers of years, fiber has been used to stop constipation.
2. Fiber can actually help with overeating. All high fiber foods will take more time to chew and digest, making you feel satisfied longer
3. Most popular foods don’t have sufficient fiber. If you like the more popular foods, you probably need to increase your intake of fiber.
4. Grains supply the most fiber. Dietary fiber is actually plant matter that we cannot digest. The best sources are whole grains and concentrated grain products.
5. Kids need fiber as well. Kids that are older than 2 years of age should consume a daily intake of fiber. Little ones are most receptive to fiber found in fruits, vegetables, and even fortified breakfast cereals.
6. More fiber demands more water. In order to keep fiber moving through your digestive tract, you’ll need to take in a lot of water. With your diet of fiber, you’ll need eight or more glasses of water every day.
7. Fiber cannot be cooked out. When you cook your fruits and vegetables, don’t worry about cooking the fiber out, as it stays. The fiber found in fruits and vegetables aren’t just in the skin or in the peel.
8. You can get enough fiber. If you eat more than 50 grams of fiber in a day, you can get diarrhea and bloating, which can interfere with your body’s absorption of other key minerals.
9. Getting the right amount of fiber in your diet doesn’t have to be hard. Even though you may think so, getting the amount of fiber you need isn’t very hard to do. All you have to do is eat the right foods and you’ll be well on your way to a fiber rich lifestyle.
As one of the key ingredients to healthy eating, fiber is one thing you don’t want to skip. If you aren’t getting enough fiber in your diet – you should do something about it now instead of waiting until it is too late.
Source – https://www.ozarkssentinel.com/facts-concerning-fiber/